Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Making Peace With Blogging

Many of my blogging friends put blogging aside since we are connected through facebook.  I joined them. It sometimes isn't easy to write daily.  I have been looking for the perfect balance of a busy life and being an interesting blogger.
I am not sure I have found the answer but I decided to try again. Facebook keeps a connection with people but it doesn't allow much room for "the story".  I have found the story, even a short one, is important.

This blog I began months ago. I stopped in May. Now with more helps such as my phone etc. I will try to contribute something when I can.  I will tell you now, I will not always be able to visit everyone's blog daily. If you visit me here please leave a comment if you can.  It is appreciated. Come join me.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Danna,
    Yes I agree! Facebook has allowed us to stay connected with each other and is frankly, easier to do than blogging. But blogging allows us to tell the complete story and (most) people are going to "read it all" on a blog, whereas with FB, most people will scroll right on by. I am glad that you're blogging again and that it seems as though more and more are doing the same. :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danna; Even knowing many of our FB friends stopped blogging I kept mine up although I've had many name changes throughout the year as I started blogging in 1995 (then known as websites LOL) I'm so glad that FB has a lot of old friends blogging again. Love the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danna,
    I do agree, FB has become such an easy way to reconnect with people. I had such a difficult time with blogging before (Staying on track, remembering to update, struggling for content, etc.) but now, it's easier. I just write or I find something to write about. I look forward to visiting you daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danna!! I am a summer blogger, I have been for years, then when I go back to work (teacher) I seem to be to busy or tired. I am going to try though, because I like you said...it is important to connect and know the story. Toni's meme's help me a lot. Have a great day!!
    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danna! I know exactly what you mean with Facebook and blogging. For me, it's hard to keep blogging with Facebook but thankfully Chatterbugs has kind of kicked the desire to blog again. Like Toni, I too have had a few name changes but I've decided this one is it. No more name changes. Hope you're able to find that happy balance.

    www.thecountrywife.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danna, time sure flies and your grandsons are growing quickly. I have 4 grands now. Come by for a visit. I am still at the same blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danna, honestly, one of the reasons I dislike FB so much, is that I think it has caused people to get so used to not connecting on a real level. I did stop blogging for a long time, & part of that was because I became so discouraged by everyone leaving for FB. I found it so sad. Lately, more than ever, I have began to see my blog again as a place to keep my memories & for my children. I know mine blog isn't very interesting, but it's for 'me' & for my family, so I try to keep that in mind. Now that I'm back, I regret leaving it for over a year. I'm so glad that you are back! I love the pic of Riley! Wow! He has grown!! Hugs
    http://homespunblessings.net/Gratefulheartblog.html

    ReplyDelete