We went to West Seattle to a place called Alki Beach. It is known as the birthplace of Seattle. It is a little beach community that has many restaurants across from the beach itself. When I use to get homesick, we would go there because it was the closest to what I was familiar to in California. One restaurant has stood out as a traditional place to go to celebrate occasions and events. I remember taking Kari there to celebrate the last day of school and a few birthdays. I also take people there when they come to visit us due to the fact Alki Beach was where Tom Hanks took his son in a boat in the movie Sleepless in Seattle. Meg Ryan watched from afar while they played on the beach. Do you remember that movie? I may watch it again this week since I have through Wednesday off. The boys have the week off because of mid-winter break. Kari will be off Thursday and Friday.
Have a great week!
Have a great week!
Nice picture of the boys. I will have to watch that movie again. We ate at the Athenian when we were there in 2006. Enjoy your week Danna.
ReplyDeleteWonderful movie. Sounds like a good time. I love the picture of the boys.
ReplyDeletehttp://pictureit365lori.blogspot.com/