We call this week "Hell Week". It is the first week of a quarter. But this quarter is FALL quarter. It is the quarter many traditionally begin school even though they can begin classes at the beginning of any of the quarters. So there is a little more confusion and frustration thrown in for fun (sarcasm).
There are people showing up wanting to sign up for classes the first day and wanting Financial Aid too. There are people needing education verifications on letter head when there is a long line of people behind them. And there are those who believe demanding what they want when they want it is how to go about getting it.
It's not all negative though. There are plenty of positive students. Plenty. They make the job worth it. But at the end of each day this week I am very tired!
Monday night I came home, ate dinner, and laid down in front of the TV. I fell asleep right away. I woke up about an hour later and felt renewed. I was afraid I wouldn't sleep well the rest of the evening but I did.
Tonight (Tuesday) I am not as tired but I am a bit disappointed. There is a survey that is being given about our division and so far our area has got back two. One not favourable and one just OK. Those who told us they would write a good review hasn't yet. Seems negative people have a voice but not the other quite yet. We'll see.
I will be more happier on Friday when the week is coming to an end. I believe in being "real" in sharing in what's going on. Meaning that life is sweet but it will be sweeter next week. And I will be happier when "hell week" has passed us by.

Hi Danna! Wow, I hope today turns out to be a better day for you and that the positive people start writing good reviews for you. Of course, you could always learn from the negative as well. :) Have a great Thursday!
ReplyDeletewww.thecountrywife.net