Friday, September 12, 2014

My Friend Susie


This is a picture of my friend Renee (left), myself, and my friend Susie (on right).  Although we are smiling, it was a sad moment.  Susie was moving back to North Carolina.  She was from there but moved her family to Seattle after her divorce. 

For years she was a single mom of three kids.  She and I met when we worked together with the Kent School District as career specialists.  At that time she worked in the middle school and I worked at the high school.  Later she worked at one of the other high schools.

She was a friend instantly.  And I adopted her as a sister.  (You know, if you don't have a family then adopt).  I think she has done more for me as a friend than I have her.  And I have missed her not being daily in my life.

Susie came to visit her daughter last week who lives not far from me.  We just pick up where we left off.  Unfortunately she wasn't feeling too good.  She hadn't shook off a bad cold she had a week or so ago. 

It's great to have friends like that.  I have to get back there to visit her some day.

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment