Saturday, November 1, 2014

Blog Hop - Being Thankful



For the October Blog Hop I listed 50 things one could do during the month.  I thought for an exercise of Being Thankful I would list 50 items that came into my head to be thankful.  It isn't in priority.  But it should be a priority, giving thanks.

I was watching Ellen this week, and her guest Steve Harvey mentioned how grateful he was because he has experienced all kinds of living.  He actually was homeless at one time, living out if his car.  He said that he will, for the first ten minutes of each day, give thanks to God for what comes into his mind right away.  He spoke about his feeling about Thankfulness... and how God loves us to be thankful.  He said that the more he showed his thankfulness, he felt God enjoyed blessing him.  I know God enjoys giving to his children.  How much more wonderful it is to Him when we thank He and praise Him.

If you are not religious, one can gain from thankfulness things such as health and happiness.  Let's all try this exercise this month.  What can I say?  It is the teacher in me that wants to give homework.  Maybe while we do the dishes, or take a shower, or go for a walk; let's take a few minutes to just list what we are thankful for in our lives.  Here is a list to get you started:


1. God  2.  Job/ Career  3. Home  4. Waking up each morning  5. Health  6. Clothes  7. Family 8. Friends  9.   Food/ Cooking 10. Music/ Worship/ Singing 11. Movies 12. Favorite TV shows 13. Hobbies 14. Laughter 15. My car 16. Leaves changing color and green leaves in the Spring 17. Water - to drink and rain 18. Bubble baths 19. Freedom 20. Coffee/ first cup in the morning 21. Spending time with my grandsons 22. Writing 23. My daughter - being with me and her sobriety 24. Square Dancing 25. Seasons 26. Sunny days 27. A cozy blanket, bed 28. A job well done 29. Friends 30. Having grandsons 31. Being able to read/ learning 32. A warm coat 33. A good church 34. Able to walk (my dad was in a wheelchair) 35. Fireplace/ Wood-stove 36. Pets 37. Scents like candles and lotions 38. Holidays - day off with pay 39. Making memories 40. Sleeping in on the weekends
41. Giving surprises/ gifts 42. Giving information to someone who needs/ seeks it 43. Being a member of staff at a college 44. Ice tea 45. Cup of hot tea 46. Birthdays 47. Shopping 48. Talking with girl friends or family 49. Prayer/ Faith/ Grace 50. Chatterbugs


I am not sure if the "button" works, so please go to the next blog below the button.  So thankful.



8 comments:

  1. Happy November 1st and Happy Blog Hop Day Danna! Yes, we all have a lot to be thankful for; even in our darkest days. I too am very thankful for a lot of the things on your list but until you get around to my post today, you won't know what I am most thankful for. :) Have a wonderful day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danna! Happy November and Blog Hop Day! We all really do have a lot to be thankful for. We take so much for granted and it's so easy to do. I love this post. You did a great job! I'm so glad that we've become friends and that you're in our group. I'm thankful for it! ;) Hugs

    www.thecountrywife.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danna! Happy Blog Hop! I agree, we all have so much to be thankful for! What a wonderful post you made! I like your idea of a Thankful List! Have a great day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danna, yes we do have a lot to be thankful for. It is so easy to remember what we don't have, but when you stop and think about it, there are so many more blessings. Thanks for the reminder and sharing about Steve Harvey. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danna! Enjoyed your post and the 50 things you are thankful for. I love the little things you mentioned as well as the big! Happy November! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danna! Happy Blog Hop! What a great post! I loved your list of 50 things to be greatful for and I am thankful for getting to know you my new friend. Have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blog hop day Danna! I loved your post! I have kept a gratitude journal each day for at least 20 years. Such an easy thing to do (I jot down 5 things each day), & such a life changing thing to commit to. I loved your list! I'm grateful to call you 'friend'. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Danna! You've earned an A+ for your thankful assignment. You may grab your grade here:

    http://chatterbugcollege.blogspot.com/p/grab-your-grade.html

    ReplyDelete