Monday, November 17, 2014

Last Week - Memorable

Memory Lane

I haven't posted since last Monday.  It seems strange not to keep the routine we've kept.  Last week was a bit challenging.  Tuesday night, which was Veterans Day, the wind had began to blow.  The lights would flicker and I was afraid we might lose our electricity.  But I felt confident even though the winds were getting stronger.

Finally at 9:30 pm the lights went out.  We thought they would come back on through  the night but each time I checked, no such luck.  I dreamt the lights went on, but it was just a dream.  By early morning we were being told there were many without power including the schools around us.  The college was closed until 10 am. And soon so was the boy's schools. 

We didn't have food so we headed to a Mc Donalds we knew was open.  It was nice to be near the heater in the car.  Afterwards, Kari went to work and the boys and I went home.  Under blankets we read our books.  We heard by announcements on facebook and by texts that our schools were closed now for the entire day... and at the college, even night classes were cancelled.

At lunch we got in the car where there was heat and headed to Red Robin where Kari works.  We knew she was working.  We planned to eat lunch and stay a while.  So we stayed in a booth there for two hours.

We were hoping to see the electricity on... but no.  There was hope since we could see crews working.  The lights would go on and then went out after a minute.  We would cheer only to moan.  Third time's a charm and electricity/ heat went on. Yeah!

Tomorrow is Kari's birthday...

Talk about Thankfulness!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danna, I am sure the boys will always remember that day. Makes us realize how important electricity is. I just updated my blog while the grands are at school. We are both active grandmas. Have a great week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danna. We are under a tornado watch as I write this. It's really pouring hard so I'm wondering when our lights are gonna go out. Bingo tonight so I guess we may be sitting there in the dark. So fun! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete