With everything that has gone on lately, most of us feel like crawling under a rock and staying there. In the news we have Ebola and the Middle East. Here locally there has been some craziness. I don't think it's just going on here. Washington is experiencing what we all experience.
Last week after the lockdown I could really feel the stress of it. Mostly it made us all feel really tired in our office. We were exhausted and can still feel it but not as bad.
The stress lead me to create one of my "to do" lists. This one was on decompressing. I thought I would come up with 25 - 30 suggestions but I actually came up with over 100.
Don't worry, I am not going to list all 100 suggestions on what to do to decompress. I will list some I am doing to calm myself.
1. Deep breathing... this seems to really help. 2. Essential oils... I am big on lavender so I use many lavender scented items and oils. 3. Go to bed early. Check that one off because I have done it everyday. 4. Laugh... watch something funny. 5. Read a book that you can't put down. 6. Get involved in a craft project or cook.7. Take a hot bath. 8. Write in a journal or blog 9. Meet up with a friend and talk 10. Eat dark chocolate.
Pampering yourself is in order when there is stress. What do you do to even life out?
Have a good day!

Hi Danna, dark chocolate sounds good to me! I am going to an essential oil party on Sunday and plan to get lavender. The boys look cute in their costumes. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Danna, I've gotten to the point that I rarely watch the news anymore. Enjoyed reading your list. I follow most of it except #3 and #7. I'm a 3-4 hour a night sleeper and a shower taker. My apartment doesn't have a bathtub. LOL!
ReplyDelete