My daughter is my BFF. I am so grateful to God for delivering her almost four years ago from meth. It has been quite a journey. One we often go speak on to recovery groups etc. In my last post I mentioned she graduated last June. She is amazing. You will learn more about her as we go. I can't write about everything in one post. Just know that with God's help, she's a Super Woman.
Right now our focus is getting the boys ready for the next school year. And we are trying to enjoy the Dog Days of summer at the same time. When I get off early on Friday, I am taking them to get their haircuts, run some errands, and I have promised them to try out the new chicken place that was just built. Ri starts some early school events starting next week. I take a deep breath because all the changes that will come this year with school starting makes me anxious a little. But then again, it always has. I can think back to the 1980s - 1990s when Kari was in school... it was the same thing.
Have a fun weekend! Remember to enjoy these last few weekends of summer!

Hi Danna,
ReplyDeleteI try really hard to soak each day in and make the most of it. Some days are better than others. :) I am incredibly proud of Kari and her struggle and I hope she inspires others to turn there life around.
Have a wonderful day! Hugs
That is so great that you and your daughter are so close and you get to be with your grans sons all of the time. I know I would love that if my mom was with me. Enjoy the rest of your summer!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/