I mentioned an event we volunteered for last Saturday. At my church, Real Life Church, we had a community event to assist the public in getting ready for school. We thought this would be a good event to participate in to help out. Not only do they give out school supplies, they give hair cuts, give a BBQ, etc. Some lucky kids win bikes too.
There was also a big table of "gently use clothes" for moms and dads to find clothes for the kids. That area was always busy. I believe we need to bring donations from Riley and Brady when they grow out of clothes. Kids grow so fast! It's hard to keep up.
Riley and I were across from the medical check booth at the Covington library booth. The librarian had give always and books. Riley jumped right in with instructing visitors what they could take home with them. He was a big help to her.
I was between areas of books. One was the library area where the people could choose one book. And then this other larger area of books where they could choose five books. It was nice to see how many people including kids love books.
We didn't choose any ourselves to take home. We a lot of clothes and books we didn't feel right in taking from those in more need. In that we are blessed even though we don't have a lot but enough.
This weekend I also went through my summer clothes (getting ready for cooler weather) and pulled out tops I haven't used. Kari went to Vine Maple Place on Monday. They help families not to be homeless. Clothes are always needed there too. They have this one place where women can find clothes suitable for work. Every little bit helps. I seem to always be thinning out my closet and this is one great cause to do it for.
Hope you're having a great week!

Congratulations, Danna! You've received an A+ for your assignment! There's a report card waiting for you.
ReplyDeletehttp://chatterbugcollege.blogspot.com/p/grab-your-grade.html