Monday, August 11, 2014

New Week! How Was Your Weekend?


This is the first week I am going to start blogging at least 3 days a week.  I do like blogging however sometimes there are few subjects note worth to blog about.  Of course, if I do get a windfall of ideas I can always add more to the week.

I know when I am expecting a blogger to have posted and they haven't, I am disappointed.  It isn't that I don't understand that life gets hectic.  I am just in a routine.  If the person, leaves it for too long, I will start assuming that they aren't coming back soon.  I know to keep readers coming back to my blog, it can't be a guessing game when I might be posting.  I know people will then lose interest just like I do. Anyway, I will try very hard to keep this schedule.

This weekend I painted the front door.  It was white and I made it a barn red.  I have never done such a contrasting thing before now.  It was scary a little.  The paint when wet had a pink tint to it.  I knew it would dry darker but couldn't see it being the color we were hoping it would be.  The first coat didn't look promising.  The second was better and the third coat was finally was bringing the right results. Thankfully.  Whew

Finally I put the hardware back on.  I think I will buy new hardware someday soon.  I have one summer "to do" item off my list.

Have a great week!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Danna, don't you hate that "when it dries it will be darker" thing. It's a little nerve-wracking until it dries and looks the way you want it to. Even though if it turned out horrible, you could always repaint it. lol Have a wonderful week! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danna; I still blog every day as I prepare 3 & 4 posts ahead this way if I don't feel like posting the entry is already online. I love Blogger for that. Love the color of your door. Have a great day ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the color on that door, Danna. But I tend to like the darker colors... even if we've gone with mostly light colors in the house. I try to blog every day but I know I won't be able to keep that up come September. So, I'm going to scale back as well. Or at least put myself on a blogging schedule.

    ReplyDelete