Monday, October 6, 2014

Autumn Evening - Sumner WA


South from where we live about ten miles away is the town of Sumner.  Many of these towns were founded in the 1800s.  The historical downtown area is made of little shops and their association has events all through the year.  On Saturday they had their Autumn Evening event.  They decorated the street light poles in cornstocks and there were various scarecrows in front of the storefronts.  Each person was able to vote on their favorite scarecrow.  Riley voted for the Seahawk scarecrow.

I bought a some different Halloween decorations.  One was a picture of a pumpkin sitting in a pumpkin patch with a full moon in the background.  There is a switch and in the dark the pumpkin lights up and flickers like candlelight.  I bought a spider web for our spider to hang on.  I also bought two little pumpkins and a pin for my sweater.  I had seen an orange dish towel as a decoration so when I was in the kitchen store I bought one to hang off the stove.  I am trying to change a few decorations.  I am going to take my leftovers to work to decorate there.

We also went out for lunch.  Something we don't do as much anymore because we are saving for the holidays too.

It was great shopping in Sumner again.  The next events will be in November.  Each about the holidays.  I can't believe the holidays will be here even though I keep a good look out on the calendar.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danna, glad you had fun at Summer. Always nice to add to our collections.
    I keep fall decor up until Thanksgiving. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to find more items that can be up for two holidays. One being the towel. But I can't resist cute Halloween things too. ;-)

      Delete