October Weekend
Riley and I ended up going out to run a few errands. One place was to stop at Wal-Mart to buy some needed items. And I took Riley to McDonald's for some chicken nuggets. I am amazed how much cost it is to go there these days.
Saturday was mostly a stay at home day. Kari had a gift card from Ibotha for Starbucks so we got two pumpkin spice lattes. She had a quiz on her Psychology class but later, in the evening, we went to dinner at Red Robin. I had a free chicken burger and sweet potato fries. So dinner cost a lot less than it would have normally.
We then went to the movies to see The Boxtrolls. Kari saves money on Ibotha from her groceries and changes the savings into movie tickets. So her tickets were from her savings. Mine I bought for seven dollars on Amazon Local. I saved five dollars. Since we ate at Red Robin, we didn't buy any popcorn etc. It was a cute movie with a message, and our savings this weekend was at least $50- $60 in all.
Sunday was church and later square dancing. I'll have square dancing on Wednesday night too.
Sorry to see the weekend pass. I pray this week is good and goes well. Have a good week!
Words Ending in REE ~ I Say You Answer
1. Maple Tree...you answer? Colorful leaves in the Fall
2. What's Free...you answer? Our movie tickets and my RR burger
3. College Degree...you answer? I have a BA in English Literture
4. Name Three...you answer? Past. Present. Future
2. What's Free...you answer? Our movie tickets and my RR burger
3. College Degree...you answer? I have a BA in English Literture
4. Name Three...you answer? Past. Present. Future

Hi Danna! Wow, now that's a savings! That's pretty great! I too am amazed at how much and how little you get at Fast Food places now days. I think portion wise, Wendy's is the worst. I've actually found that you can have lunch at Chilli's or Famous Dave's for the same price as McDonald's. Kinda crazy. I'm glad you enjoyed Boxtrolls. It looks really cute! Have a great Monday!
ReplyDeletewww.thecountrywife.net
Hi Danna! I am glad you had a nice weekend. Yes, you can go to a little Mom and Pop restaurant and have a great meal, for way less than Mc Donalds, and Burger King. It is amazing what they charge! Boxtrolls looks like such a cute movie, and I would love to see it too! Enjoy your Monday!
ReplyDeleteHi Danna, So true about McDonald's and even Burger King. We go to a local dinner and pay much less and get a lot more. I'm looking forward to seeing the Boxtrolls. It looks like a cute movie. Have a lovely evening.
ReplyDeleteI hit the enter button too quick LOL! I think it's great you go square dancing. If it weren't for my bad knees I would have liked to try it myself. Enjoyed reading your answers to the meme. Thank you for joining in. :)
ReplyDelete