Some of you know but others don't, four years ago at this time of year my husband declared he wanted a divorce. He told me he would be open to counseling but instead I was surprised by being served divorce papers at my desk at work. Also at the same time, my daughter decided to give up her drug addiction and went into recovery. My life changed suddenly changed.
Within the next year, my husband remarried. That door was diffinately closed. So I moved us to Auburn and have been recovering and growing since... but every year I am still reminded of those unsettling days. I pray that it will get better. However, at this point I doubt I will ever enter into a relationship again. I haven't been lucky. It would certainly have to be divine intervention.
I get by with moving forward, getting interested in what I am interested in, raising my grandsons, helping Kari rejoin the land of the living, etc. I try to live in the present and allow these moments in times to think about what happened, mourn a little, and regroup to go forward. Healing just isn't an overnight event. Too bad, but it isn't. But that's all the time I want to spend on this subject.
This weekend we are heading to Sumner to the Autumn Evening event. Remember on my October to do list is to go to an Autumn or October event. Check this one. Love this event! I will bring back photos. Have a good weekend!


Hi Danna! Darn, I had this long comment written for you but blogger ate it. :( I'm so sorry to read what you had to endure. It's not fair for anyone to have to go through things like that but thank the lord that your daughter got the help she needed and you rose above everything. Have fun at the Autumn Evening event and have a great weekend! I can't wait to see the photos!
ReplyDeletewww.thecountrywife.net