Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hunter Moon Is Also A Blood Moon

This post is scheduled to go online at midnight on October 8th.  At 3:50 am we are schedule here on the west coast to be able to see the full moon.  This month's full moon is interesting because it is called the Hunter's Moon.  I am not a hunter but from what I understand hunting begins this time of year.  That makes sense because one would need to hunt before winter came on for meat.

This full moon is also a Blood Moon.  I know, that sounds horrible.  But it is a lunar eclipse.  The reason it is called a Blood Moon is because the moon will take on a reddish or rust color when the eclipse takes place.  I also have read that it is rare. 

More than rare is the fact that there will be four Blood Moons within two years.  One took place in April (2014) and the next two will take place next year.  We were talking about this at work and someone mentioned that there were many famous historical people who lived and never saw one.  So I guess we are lucky.

However, full moons are not usually associated with luck.  Actually police and doctors have observed people go a little crazy around a full moon.  I know we believe it at work.  We will mention to each other that it is a full moon when things see a bit strange.  We nod and accept that it is the full moon that is making the "crazies" come out.  (The rest of the month we blame it on other things.)

Another reason why the Blood Moons that are taking place in 2014 and 2015 don't seem to be lucky is that some believe that it is a sign that the end of the world is near.  Well, there's not too much one can do about the end of the world.  I guess we will have to watch to see what will happen.  As I say, if things get tense be prepared to "duck". 

On that "end of the world" note, I guess I will go and wish you a good day! 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Danna, it's been so cloudy here lately that I doubt we have any chance of seeing the Blood Moon. Oh well... thanks for the info! Have a wonderful day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good moon pix. We had clouds so unless you were at the beach you couldn't see it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted so much to see it as I try never to miss because we can look at it but it was raining and cloudy last night and this morning. I guess I'll have to wait until next year now. LOL! Have a lovely evening Danna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danna, interesting facts about the full moon. I missed it turning red. Just prayed when I went to bed and thought of the bright light of that moon and about God. Lots of things happening in this world so we have to be ready right?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete