Friday, October 10, 2014

Leavenworth I Miss You

 Colorful Fall Leaves

All day yesterday I thought it was Friday when it was actually Thursday.  Finally it dawned on me that I felt that way because today I have off.  The boys have a "waiver" day.  A day when there isn't any school and the teachers have meetings.  October's waiver day is always on a Friday and I take a vacation day to stay with them.  Most of the waiver days are scheduled on Mondays when Kari can take care of the boys.

Leavenworth

We were going to go to Leavenworth WA tomorrow but we have so many other plans this month we decided this trip would have to wait until Christmas or next year.  Leavenworth is a town that looks Bolivarian.  It has an Oktoberfest for three weeks in October.  Since it draws tourists, they have it beautifully decorated for Autumn.  We have also visited in the summer and stayed at the KOA camp across the street which makes a nice weekend.  Not far are the apple orchards WA is known for and roadside stands.  Lake Chelan is also a favorite destination over there.

My favorite tree in Leavenworth

Leavenworth has a great tree that changes beautiful colors in the Fall.  It is one feature I am going to miss this season.  I like to enjoy looking at it for a while as the others are in one the stores shopping.  I am glad I have this photo even though it is better in person.

I'll be surprised by anything we decide to do this weekend.  It is suppose to rain this weekend too.  It has so far been a warm and dry Fall.  Guess that will be changing soon.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danna! Oh Leavenworth sounds adorable! I think I saw a program about it on the travel channel one time! I hope you have a great weekend, no matter what you do. I think ours will be a quiet one, I have been hoping to get out of the area for a few days, but it won't happen. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete