Thursday, January 8, 2015

Bath and Body Works/ Ibotta


Kari is really into lotions and perfumes.  She loves them.  She discovered Bath and Body Works sales.  This last year we end up working together at buying lotions, soaps, or sprays for about $3.25 each (normally $12.50 each).  What I did with the lotions we bought in November was give them as Christmas gifts. I had about 6 lotions and I was able to give them all.  Half of them were Christmas scents such as peppermint and vanilla.  Very special for this time of year.

Right after Christmas they had a sale on soap/ shower gel.  For $10 I was able to get 4 soaps.  I will decide which one or two to keep for my stock and then put the others in my gift box for ready to give presents.

Another money saver is Ibotta.  Last February one of Kari's friends had her join her team on Ibotta.  If you work together as a team there is more of an opportunity to save more money.  So Kari had me join her team too.  She looks what deals are offered and she will shop and buy to earn.  She will get a $1 here and there... but it adds up.  When you reach a level you get a bonus.  After you earn money, you can use it towards Pay Pal, or movie tickets, or Amazon etc.  She has taken us to the movies for free a couple of times this year... including Christmas Day.  Plus, there was enough to buy popcorn and a drink too.

It takes a little work.  She shops then takes a photo of her receipt and sends it to them.  They redeem what is on her receipt and the deals offered.  But the results are very satisfying when you are going to the movies for free.  She also has bought Brady a birthday gift for next month from the money she's earned from Amazon.

Those were money savers that we did well this past year.  Money is always a good thing to save.

Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danna! I have never heard of lbotta. Sounds interesting! I'll have to check into it. :) I too stock up on the Bath & Body Works sales. Can't beat that $3.00 a bottle! There are all kinds of really nice clearance sales going on right now. One good perk about this time of the year. :) Have a great Thursday!

    Happy Thursday, Marge! Aww, what an adorable Grandson you have! Happy Birthday to him!

    http://365kim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you all smell nice but I can't wear fragrances because of allergies.

    ReplyDelete