Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Folk Art Store

Mat

I took this photo of an appliqued felt mat I bought at a store in Sumner that I've loved.  In fact, it is the store that first brought me to Sumner.  My family and I have have had great times in Sumner and hope to have more.  But the lady who has owned this store wants to retire and so she was having a sale last week and I finally bought this... something I noticed the first time I shopped there.  So it's sort of a souvenir.  

I was sad about this store closing but I overheard a conversation between the owner to another person about her future plans.  She was so excited that I couldn't help be excited for her.  It certainly sounded as if she had made the right decision.  I wish her all the best.  I will treasure all the things I've bought there over the past years.

Here's hoping the new owners will be just as great.


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful mat, Danna. I love anything folk art. Have a great day my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mat is adorable!!
    It is funny, there is an antique store here in the town I live in and my mom and Josh would go there quite often. Several months later the lady had to close. My mom and Josh were so sad, she had really neat things.
    Sorry about the folk art store. I am sure you will miss it as my mom and Josh miss their antique store.
    http://pictureit365lori.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danna, I love craft/country stores. There use to be so many but not anymore. We are having days in the 70's but rain coming in. Can't complain. :)

    ReplyDelete