Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!


Welcome to 2015!  How was your New Year's Eve?  Ours was special because we were invited to the Zimmer's to be with friends from our old church in Kent, WA.  It is nice to reconnect with people who you haven't seen for a while.  We arrived there at about 7 pm and stayed until 10 pm.  We ate and played a few games as a group.

When we got home we stayed up until midnight and watched the Space Needle's countdown and fireworks when 2015 came in.  But it wasn't soon after all of that we went to bed and cone alled it a night.

This morning we woke up and watched the Rose Parade.  All the years I lived in Southern California I never went to Pasadena to watch the parade in person.  I had many friends who helped put petals on floats but few stayed out all night for a prized place on the sidewalk to watch the parade.  The floats are parked in a park and one can go and view them after the parade for a few days.  My folks would do that sometimes and take pictures.  They are beautiful floats.

I wish you all the best this new year... and may all your goals be fulfilled.

Sunrise and Mt Rainier
When one can see the mountain,
it is called "the mountain is out".

No comments:

Post a Comment