DECEMBER 5
Last night when I got home, I picked up Riley and we went over to the teriyaki restaurant in the neighborhood. We we had one hour to eat and talk about various things.
Afterwards we went over to Jenny's house to work on Christmas decorations for our office event next Tuesday. Jenny is a young woman who works on our office. She lives in our neighborhood so we didn't have far to go.
Last year at our annual pot luck, not too many participated. There were a few reasons why that happened... one being it happened on a Monday. Many people forget about things like that if it happens right after a weekend, I have found. This year we will have a day before the event to go around to everyone and remind them.
Many in our office was so disappointed in the turnout that they wanted to give it up and never have it again. My director didn't want to do that and thought we should try one more year. Maybe it was an off year? So she personally asked me to head it up. I use to be in charge of it but haven't done it in a few years. I am sort of known as "the planner" for whatever.
We are going to feature a Hot Chocolate Bar. It was Jenny's idea and I wanted to support her. We made a banner last night for the Bar and the kids made chocolate/ carmel dipped spoons.
Today we are going to decorate the office. It will be lots of fun.
Have a great day!

Hi. I hope it's a BIG success this year and that you let us know how it turned out. Hugz!
ReplyDeleteHi Danna! Sounds like you have a nice event planned! Hot chocolate bar is a good idea. :) Have a cozy evening. xo
ReplyDeleteHi Danna, I think a chocolate bar sounds good. Maybe you can share the recipe to the spoons you made. Don't forget to take pictures.
ReplyDeleteI too am the planner and I agree, it seems like with the weekend in between, people tend to forget. It's frustrating when some participate and others don't. :)
ReplyDelete