Sunday, December 7, 2014

Advent Calendar - December 7

DECEMBER 7

Yesterday we left early and went to a Holiday Bazaar at the local high school.  There was a mix between homemade items and vendors.  It was a little different.  Kari, my daughter, spotted a woman she knew.  The woman was selling glassware.  She had dishes she had made and other items.  Kari bought 3 ornaments from her.

I guess the woman had lost her husband a few years ago and she had to start some business.  She started working with glass.  They were nice pieces and I am glad Kari wanted to offer some support.

We also found a woman selling jewelry.  Kari bought a ring and I bought a silver necklace.  I own a few (I snicker at the word "few". Actually I am a collector) of pendants with stones. I am wearing Moonstone right now.  I thought it might be nice to have a longer chain. A silver chain for $10 wasn't a bad price at all.

We also met some gals selling Jamberry wraps.  Last summer we discover these wraps for the nails.  I started wearing them last August and change them every two weeks.  Right now I am wearing candy cane wraps.  Next week I will change them to another Christmas themed nails with sparkles.

I also bought something for my coworker.  She is a Seahawks fan so I bought her 12th Man (Seahawk fan) earrings. With that, I am closing in on the end of shopping.  The rest is online. I love shopping online but these bazaars or fairs carry items that are unique. And it helps the small businesspeople.

Tomorrow I will tell you about our shopping adventure at Bath and Body works.  There was a sell and we saved a lot.

Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danna, sounds like you had fun shopping. I picked up a few things at Kohl's today for my grand daughters. We are all going to Disneyland on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lot of fun shopping. I have heard about those Jamberry wraps. My nails are so brittle and break easily so I have to keep my nails fairly short. They sound really neat though!

    ReplyDelete